Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Update

Expressionista here,
I am alive and well.  So much has happened since I last posted.  I actually rediscovered this blog while working on a blog post for a gym I'm interning at.  I'm 4 weeks away from having my Nutrition and Exercise Science Degree completed and entering into Naturopathic Med School at Bastyr or Osteopathic Med School in California.

A lot has changed.  I still adhere to a plant based whole foods diet but I've stopped eating raw exclusively, incorporating cooked starches and veggies into my diet.  Part of this was out of financial necessity but part of it was having lost weight too fast for my doctors comfort and had some weird electrolyte balance problems which may or may not have been related to my diet.  I've survived a bout of bizarre autoimmune problems and gotten into exercise in a big way as a certified personal trainer.  I'm also a Licensed Massage Therapist.

Wellness has really become the focus of my life, and although the rigors of the ND or DO program I'll be starting soon will test my self-care skills I haven't forgotten what started me off on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment